Workshop: Winning Audiences with Infographics
This masterclass is run by Rob Orchard, editorial director of Delayed Gratification, the Slow Journalism magazine which has become known for the quality of its infographics. In this workshop you will:
- Learn how infographics can be used to engage and grow audiences
- Discover how to find compelling stories in data
- Understand how to take those stories and turn them into brilliant infographics
- Analyse examples of best and worst practice
- Be introduced to the best free infographics-creation tools
You will leave with all the knowledge you need to start making brilliant infographics of your own.
Rob is the co-founder and editorial director of the Slow Journalism Company, the publisher of Delayed Gratification magazine, which revisits the events of the preceding quarter after the dust has settled and makes a virtue of being "Last to Breaking News".
The publication is a labour of love that's designed to offer an antidote to PR-driven stories, knee-jerk reactions and churnalism. Prior to starting the Slow Journalism Company, Rob launched and ran magazines for Virgin Atlantic, created the Middle East's biggest travel magazine and worked as the editor of Time Out Dubai, Time Out Croatia and Time Out Paris.
Illustration courtesy of Matt Sloe